Friday, July 27, 2018

Cut The Main Parts For The Mill Head Frame.

So I spent the afternoon juggling measurements until I got the head frame sketched out to something that I liked. After supper, I couldn't resist, grabbed my sketch and headed out to the shop. I managed to get all the main pieces cut. I thought I was going to lose my 14" abrasive chop saw, half way through but it held on. It started to spark real bad, but eventually the brushes wore in and it settled down. Good thing, I have already installed the spare set of brushes that it comes with. These were on sale, so cheap ($99) at Princess Auto, I got two. That was at least 15 years ago and I am still on my first one. Sometimes you get lucky with these cheap imports.

So anyway here is a picture of the main frame members. The frame is 2 1/2" X 3/16" heavy wall tubing. The sockets, the frame fits into, and the head slides are 3" X 3/16" heavy wall tubing. There are a number of operations I need to do on some of the pieces before I can weld the frame together. Tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment